Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What a Busy Time!

I can't believe that it was July when I wrote my last blog! There just are not enough hours in the day. In the weeks running up to the Sherborne Literary Festival I was getting up at five in the morning to get everything done. There was an incredible amount to do for the Festival, even though we had a committee and we were all working flat out, but it was hugely successful and we got rid of over 1,000 tickets for the events. That was pretty good for a first effort! People came from as far away as North Yorkshire and Guernsey which was very impressive. I think we achieved what we set out to do and brought people into our historic town where they could discover the beautiful abbey, browsein our many independent shops and  boutiques and choose where to eat from an impressive selection of cafes, restaurants, bistros and pubs.

Now it is a few weeks before Christmas and I am writing features for 2013! How fast this year has gone! Plans for next year are well in hand and I shall make my usual New Year's Resolution to write blogs - and tweets because I am pretty hopeless at that too - regularly! But next year I might make it, especially if I continue to get up at 5.00am!

1 comment:

  1. Your hard work paid off Judith. The Sherborne festival was a roaring success.
    I attended the session with Tracy Baines and spent time with Diana Cambridge receiving valuable tips.
    I came from Cardiff - my first visit to Sherborne but certainly not the last. What a delightful town and there was the added bonus of seeing the set for Far from the Madding Crowd" be put up.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete