Monday, October 11, 2010

Reading, writing and making lists

It was really good to go to the launch party for Ken Follett's latest book, Fall of Giants. Once again, this is a huge book but keeps the reader turning the pages to find out what is going to happen. Ken is very good at this, but then he works hard. Planning a book takes him a good year and his research is always meticulous. He shows no sign of slowing down, either. His book,Pillars of the Earth, has been made into an eight-part series for Channel 4 and starts on 15 October so I must try and sit still long enough to watch it.

There seems so much to do these days - writing, researching, transcribing (I hate transcribing even though I have a machine that speeds things up), pitching ideas, sourcing images. It's never ending and there are so many other things to do. I seem to be making longer and longer lists.

October is turning out to be quite warm. I have just been into Sherborne to see what is going on at the annual Pack Monday Fair. I think most people in the area decided to do the same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment