Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some things I just cannot do

I was reading Andrew Croft's blog (because I've just joined him on Linkedin) and he wrote about interviewing on Skype. Now I love to use Skype to talk to family and friends but to use for an interview - no way! I know I am always banging on about getting the best interviews when you talk to someone face-to-face but for various reasons, in the last couple of years I have reluctantly become fairly adept at telephone interviewing. The real joy of this is not only is it pretty quick but it really doesn't matter what you look like! I have done long and serious interviews over the telephone while wearing a bathrobe and a towel around my wet hair. Nobody knew this but me!

Another thing I can't do is Facebook. I did belong once but there were so many people who wantd to be my friend and I didn't know any of them. Someone suggested they had probably written books and wanted me to interview them. All these things are very complicated and seem to take hours to set up and then hours to keep in touch with people. I've too much to do!

As for Twitter... One day I hope someone will explain to me how authors and politicians and really busy people get the time to tweet. Some people seem absolutely glued to their computers. I'm not sure that is healthy.

BUT... I am connected to people on Linkedin and when I get time I may connect to more. Time is the thing. I have just been reminded that my last blog was in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment