Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Decisions, decisions

I am becoming very cynical. It's Mothering Sunday on 18 March and I have told my son not to send me flowers this year. For the past two years they have been very poor specimens and I have telephoned the stores and complained. Admittedly, they have replaced them but that's not the point. Had I not telephoned, my son would have paid a lot of money for flowers that were well past their best.

This year he asked me what I wanted instead of flowers and, d'you know, I can't think of anything. Maybe perfume - Amarige or Hermes Caleche - or...or... What I'd really like is a breadmaker but somehow that doesn't sound quite the right sort of present. I shall have to ask friends for help but time is getting on.

I suppose he could come and visit me, getting his wife to bake me a Simnel Cake which is a traditional present but somehow that is not likely. For one thing he lives in Japan and for another, his wife is Japanese and I doubt if she knows about Simnel Cakes. Ah, well!

1 comment: