Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Literary Luncheon, Bellinis and Spring Visitors

Such a lot is happening down here in Dorset! Our Sherborne Literary Society has certainly captured the town's imagination and a huge number of people have signed up for membership. We are holding our first membership meeting on Monday night and so many people want to come we have had to arrange two sessions - one from 5-6 and one from 7-8.

We shall be able to give details of our major events in June and July: a Literary Luncheon with Penny Junor talking about her new book on Prince William and then an evening event with Joanne Harris. Her new book is called Peaches for Monsieur le Cure so we are serving Bellinis and canapes that evening. Do look at our website www.sherborneliterarysociety where we have much more information and try and come along if you are near enough and you are free!

The Literary Festival is in October and plans are well advanced for that. There are some very interesting authors books - but more about that later.

Now that spring is here I am getting my usual influx of visitors which is great fun and makes me take time off from work to enjoy myself. I am running out of ideas on where I should take them but usually a trip to Lyme Regis is on the cards. Then we might go to Bath for the day and perhaps, if the weather is decent, to my old stomping ground on Dartmoor. I so love being back in the south-west of England!

No comments:

Post a Comment