Sunday, June 10, 2012

Not Enough Hours in the Day

All week I have been getting up at five in the morning so that I have time to do everything I need to do. Not only is there 'the day job' which at times can go on well into the evening, there are all the the things we are doing for the Sherborne Literary Society.  The Literary Luncheon with Penny Junor on 21 June is presently concentrating my mind. It is the little details, probably quite minor, that are so important.

How time flies. It seems like yesterday that the south-western branch of The Society of Women Writers and Journalists came to my house for the spring meeting yet it was three weeks ago. There were about 27 of us all together and I managed to have everyone sitting at a table for lunch albeit spread through three rooms. The cook and her helper ate in the garden! The cook is a good friend and a trained chef and she offered to do the meal so I said yes at once! These days I don't have time for the luxury of cooking.We had a lovely day. I asked Frank Kibblewhite of The Sundial Press to come along and talk about publishing and Val Singleton joined us so you can imagine the conversations that went on. Some members have been very successful recently and had books and articles published. I even reviewed Eve Bonham-Couzen's novel a few months agoin my column Reading Matters (well, it does, doesn't it?!)

Since then I have been to Yorkshire, walking in the Dales and to Much Hadham, recovering! Now I must get back to work, make new lists of jobs to do and people to call, and finish writing up my interview with the wonderful Philippa Gregory.

No comments:

Post a Comment